Ramadan: Figs & Dates!

    Ramadan 2011! I love and respect this holiday from my time Qatar, and I'm excited to bring bits and pieces of this wonderful culture into my life each year! It's from Aug 1st through the 29th this year, and I'm focusing on figs and dates this month to celebrate! Dates are a very significant food as they are eaten to break the fast each evening at the start of 'Iftar', the evening dinner celebration! Figs are a very common food eaten during Iftar. I'm trying out the recipes below! And no pork, as it is unacceptable in this culture. See more on the holiday HERE. Happy Tuesday! xoxo, Julie


    Fig Tartlet via Design Sponge

    Ricotta and Fig via Country Living


    Stuffed Dates via The Primal Palate



    Fig Salad



    Fig Panini via Closet Cooking



    Manchego Stuffed Dates via Carina


    Fig Pizza via Greedy Gourmand


    Fig and Olive Tapenade via David Lebovitz


    Fig Jam and Cheese Bites via Framed Cooks



    Dates Stuffed with Blue Cheese via Linden Tea



    Centerpiece
    Fig and Grape Centerpice via Martha Stewart (found on Freelance Muses)

    And my lantern set out on the porch!

    If you see a picture and know who the credit belongs to, please send me the info and I will add immediately. I am also happy to take down any pics by request of the owner. Thanks!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews