Memphis Pre-Trip

    I'm going to Memphis soon and I cannot contain my excitement! YAY! Home of Justin Timberlake, Elvis, Beale Street, the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest, and my peeps Chrissy, Patton, and Brennan! Shout out! They gave me some great suggestions for entertainment, dining and more below! Can't wait to find some cute blue suede flats! Happy Monday! xoxo, Julie

    Shopping
    Apparently none.

     Entertainment
    Beale Street for live music in Memphis-enough said.

    Top of Madison Hotel at sunset! Gorgeous!


    FYI-Graceland is not on the agenda for this trip.

    Dining
    Gus Best Fried Chix!

    Rendevous for Ribs! I also hear that Central BBQ is a MUST.

    Earnestine and Hazels for Soul Burger. Best burger in town! 
    pic via BestMemphisBurger.com

    Across the street from E&H is Arcade. Best breakfast in town!
    pic via Roadfood


    Pre-Movie Watching
    The Firm (Chrissy's bro was an 'extra' in this movie)
    21 Grams
    Great Balls of Fire
    The Client
    Walk the Line

    Memphis Ipod Playlist
    (FYI-Memphis has the distinction of being mentioned in the lyrics of more songs than any other city in the world)
    Walking in Memphis, Marc Cohen
    Walking in Memphis, Dave Matthews version
    Maybe It Was Memphis, Pam Tillis
    Graceland, Paul Simon
    Black Velvet, Alaynnah Myles
    Blue Swede Shoes, Elvis
    Stuck Inside of Mobil with the Memphis Blues Again, Bob Dylan
    Crash Into Me, Dave Matthews (mentions Tennessee Lamb..good enough)


    If you see a picture and know who the credit belongs to, please send me the info and I will add immediately. I am also happy to take down any pics by request of the owner. Thanks!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews