Wine & Cheese Party Inspiration

    I want to host a Wine and Cheese party!  Below is some inspiration! Happy Wednesday! xoxo, Julie



    I love this chalkboard runner! You can get chalboard paper on Amazon.com! Pic via Tablespoon! Same idea could be used with butcher paper and sharpie markers.



    In addition to wine I would serve an assortment of dark juices for the non-drinkers! Also have Perrier or Pelligrino sparkling water and lime on hand. Ask your local wine shop for wine pairing ideas or try Cheese Matters Mix and Match Iphone App (Free).

    Ask your friends what cheeses they like! I've been doing a lot of cheese research and here is Cheese 101. This is a quick read before heading to the cheese shop! I'm also loving my Cheese Plate Iphone App ($2.99)! Perhaps try my friend Tim's Sugar Brook Farms cheeses out of Wisconsin!






     Above are my favorite cheese markers. You can really get creative with cheese markers and make several yourself. I love the assorted height levels of the second display. You could make different height levels easily with empty boxes covered with a table cloth.


    Beautiful wood trays, cheese plates and knives from one of my favorite stores in Chicago,
     Jayson Home & Garden on Clybourn Ave!

    Slate Plate from Williams Sonoma.

    Notebooks for note taking.



    From all of my research on party sites and blogs, Pottery Barn seems to be the go-to for wine and cheese party planners. I love this table design. You can purchase the glass candle holders are at Hobby Lobby.



    Here are some buying and serving tips:
    Allow for about 2 ounces of cheese per person.
    Give cheese about 30 to 45 minutes out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature before serving
    Make sure to have each cheese labeled.
    Get creative with your serving pieces and make sure to have a knife for each cheese.
    Have plenty of bread and crackers to eat with cheese. They can also cleanse the palate.
    Serve dried or ripe seasonal fruit, olives or nuts alongside your cheese tray.
    Don't serve semi-hard and hard cheeses in huge chunks. Cut them into wedges, cubes or shards instead.
    Have plenty of small appetizer plates and cocktail napkins.
    

Total Pageviews