Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 7 Party

    My two favorite people are going to the premier of Harry Potter 7 tomorrow, and I'm working tonight on some surprises for them! #1 I'm decorating the living room a la Harry Potter (This will be tough to impress since they just got back from Harry Potter Land at Universal) #2 I'm getting a tote together for them to take to the movie, and #3 I'm making a special Hogwarts dinner for after the movie! Here we go...my own pics to  be posted tomorrow! Happy Thursday! xoxo, Julie

    UPDATE! Pics posted below. Happy Friday! xoxo, Julie

    Movie Tote Bag
    (I'm going to paint or iron a Hogwarts patch on the front)
    Inside I'm putting Bertie Bots Beans, a Griffindor necklace and bracelet made of yellow and red beads, pop rocks, and a hershey's bar with the wrapper replaced with a Harry Potter 7 wrapper!



    Post Movie Dinner Menu:
    Hogwarts Smoked Turkey Legs, broccoli trees and mac & cheese cauldrons.


    Butter Beer (We purchased these mugs from Harry Potter World, fill with juice)

    Golden Snitch Cake Balls for dessert!


     Water in glasses painted with chalkboard paint and labeled Hermoine, Jenny and Harry...

    The Decor
    I want to recreate this...

    ...So I'm going to hang candles (hoping I can find battery operated, but they will be unlit if I cannot) with fishing line all throughout the living room and do a centerpiece similar this...

    Tie red & gold ribbon to the posts of the kid's 4 post bed, and lay out the cape, wand, broom and owl purchased at Harry Potter Land...

    As well as about 40 envelopes addressed to Harry Potter attached to fishing line to appear as if they are floating!


    

Total Pageviews