Kentucky Derby Hat

    The Kentucky Derby is May 7th this year, and that means I have exactly one month to get my outfit in line! I've been researching hats and the most elegant, chic, graceful hat I can find is one of Jessica Simpson's from back in the Nick Lachey days. So now I'm on the hunt for a wide-brimmed bubblegum pink hat that looks just like hers. Amazon.com has some similar. I plan to hot glue on some mango-colored faux flowers that I will strategically pick out from Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  I'm also going to find those topaz earrings! I added some hat tips from Southern Living below, as well as some really great links! Happy Friday! xoxo, Julie


    Here are some more great options if the pink doesn't work out...
















    1) Match your hat to your shoulder bag and shoes.
    2) A big black hat with some form of adornment is always a favorite.
    3) Buy the hat first; then choose your dress to complement.



    And I have to throw these hats in for fun..
    



















    5.10.2011 UPDATE! I ended up going with a yellow/orange/white color scheme this year! If I could do this all over again I would have done an orange and pink flower, and lost the white ones. See pic (don't pay attention to the puckered face)!



Total Pageviews