Confetti Eggs

    I love Mexican traditions! They are always so fun, festive, and colorful, and I really can't get enough. I first experienced the Mexican tradition of confetti eggs while attending third grade in Lake Jackson, TX, a town that really embraces the Mexican culture. I loved that you could make a beautiful treasure out of something that you thought was trash (egg shell), and then turn it in to a game where you can 'gift' a wish! So with Easter approaching, I'm getting a head start and starting to carefully crack my eggs in the morning making a hole at the bottom, then washing them and putting them to the side so I can have plenty shells to make confetti eggs later in April! I went ahead and made confetti out of left over scraps of ribbon, construction and wrapping paper, and some clean pieces of foil! Thanks to Martha Stewart's website (link below), you can learn the steps to making your own!  Happy Wednesday! xoxo, Julie

     

Total Pageviews